Friday, April 2, 2010

Semana santa



The Holy Week has an added twist this year. I am exempted from all the fasting and the abstinence afforded to a normal adult. A post-op patient like me needs to undergo all the pampering that I could get from my family.

I get all the attention and the nagging reminders as to when the meds need to be taken and the food eaten.

My attention is brought to the box which left the family glued for ages. -- TV. The cable didn't remind me much that it was Holy Week. Well, my nephews hounded us to resignation to go back aeons of our lives to the time when colors are the only thing in the world... Yes, cartoons.

Another polarity goes to my parents. They truly epitomize the Filipinos love for politics. They followed all the public debates and political fora once could ever imagine covered on TV. So, there goes my Holy Week... one that gets heatedly political with a dash of medical care and a track back to disneyland.

Thanks to my room, it offered me solace and a chance for introspection. Truly, what is the face of Bohol after this election?

No comments:

Post a Comment