Friday, April 2, 2010

What if I die?

I wouldn't know perhaps if that would be the exact moment. Pain not tolerated might mean a glimpse of death but nah... it is not! It might be the product of your emotional self or the self that would prefer instant attention.

Death might be instantaneous or slow. It might eat you up. But I prefer to say that it might an art... a gracious way of accepting life as it is...

I faced a medical challenge last week when I had a hard time with my bladder. I didn't think much of death but I did make an inventory if there is something that the world would miss if I die (rock star!)... The answer was NONE. I did and gave it all. And then, but some, I bitched my way to the nurses and docs... LET ME PEE!

I did say sorry to my system for letting tanduay rule over them. I did made a sane discourse to my body parts why alcohol is good for my sanity and why we should tolerate it more. Why the 'bad' must be accommodated in the inner system of my body.

My body gave up in those debates. They accommodated my living self once more... I got opened up by the knife. I have to incur loans that would make me stay over my job for sometime...

SIGH.

No regrets. I just will move forward.

And then we go back to the title of this blog. What if I die? Just please do away with those ceremonial rituals. Bring sting and U2 on. Let friends party and if flowers are around, convert them to cash and donate to a cause I need to think of...

No comments:

Post a Comment